Alem's Inspirational Journey
For Alem Mumuni it has not been easy. He survived poliomyelitis at a very young age in Ghana and grew up crawling through the dirt fields of Africa herding cattle to help his family. Today, he is a national hero in his country and is the source of inspiration for many around the world.
Alem has founded the Alem Foundation (www.alemfoundation.com) to help children with disabilities get a basic education so they can become empowered and thrive in very challenging conditions. He shares his journey to becoming a Paralympic athlete and how he’s creating social change one pedal spin at a time.
In today’s episode we learn:
- The difficulties of growing up with a disability in Africa
- How Alem helped his family herding cattle
- His journey to the Paralympic games
- About the Alem Foundation
- How he’s changing his country through sports